Monday, May 4, 2009

Basic Updates

PHOTO: COOL PIC I FOUND ONLINE

Saturday night went well, people seemed to like the presentation and it was fun to get up in front of a group (http://technicallyphilly.com/events/ignite-philly-3-packs-johnny-brendas-again). The photo's... taken from an unfortunate angle. Afterward we went to the launch party of OUR SHELF, another DreamIt company, and it was a good time. Between those two events and the Friday Mashable/Indy Hall party (which I STILL can't figure out what it was about- anybody?) I got plenty talk-about-myself practice.

Mmmm, started a new Twitter account today: KidProject. Please find me there, follow me, refer your friends with kids or anyone you suspect who'd be interested in my project.

I did a lot of research today and while it seems everyone agrees that allowance is a tool to teach kids financial responsibility, there is a lot of disagreement as to what that might mean. For some parents it's getting kids to buy their own stuff and "feel the pain" when money runs out, and for others it's a way to get their kids used to saving- as in the few dollars I give you is for holding on to. Many of these parents still buy their kids stuff, which seems to defeat the purpose of the lesson.

Comments section: Did you get allowance? Regularly? How did you negotiate with your parents for stuff you wanted? If you have kids, answer these as a parent, too.

No comments: