Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Too Much...


PHOTO: VIC, THE CHAMPION YODELER AND BIRDCALLER, WITH YOUNG JAKE

After I got off the blog last night I sat down and worked on the wireframes for my $5million company. I have a significant amount of work ahead of me, but here's what I learned (and don't laugh... much):

If I work sitting upright, not on the couch with my feet up, and close my internet windows I really can get a lot of work done.

My usual pace is so much about multitasking it's no wonder I feel like I'm barely getting anything done. I rarely get myself into "oh shit" situations, where I am unprepared or I've missed a deadline, but, honestly, if you can imagine a map and you can imagine one person pushing all the islands around sort of all at once, that's me. Everything I do is on a personally-global level and it's all happening at once. I wonder how I manage, sometimes. It's not so awesome. But what IS awesome? Cowgirling.

Last night I focused and got a bunch of crap done. I made the kind of start that sets the pace for the rest of the project. And what needs to be done is clear. What a relief.

OH! And the dude who owns cowbelle.com sold it to me! I have to figure out how to move this blog. A simple, "HY-YAA," I suspect won't do.

No comments: