PHOTO: FIRST IMAGE WHEN "FUZZY MUZZLE" IS SEARCHEDWe are totally jamming. Things are coming together at an alarming rate and the only thing that keeps me believing that I can keep up with it is my team that is full of ideas and good direction. Everyone works well (so far) with everyone else (famous last words) and I still have the luxury of thinking that my job in all this is to be the glue and forge ahead.
I had a really hard riding lesson yesterday, but it was hard in the good way. I rode a horse called Lancer, who I'd never ridden before, and he was a champ. He was awesome. We did a lot of flat work- only flat work actually, and a lot of poles that would be spaced further apart and closer together, which challenged us to change the stride length at every pass. Not only that, in between every pass was a circle and leg yields in and out. At the end of the lesson, after we'd put our horses away, I looked at Maryanne, one of my lesson mates and noticed how sweaty she still was. It was a good ten minutes after that when I left and upon getting in the car, I noticed that my own face was PURPLE still. No. Joke. I stopped for a Gatorade on the way home and felt like I could conquer the world. Today my legs feel like the world conquered ME yesterday, but it's great. So, fully, completely great.
No comments:
Post a Comment