There is a tradition in Philadelphia of urban black cowboys and I want to profile them for the Boundless Philadelphia project we do. Boundless promotes Philly's outdoor spaces and the group of black cowboys keep their horses in spots throughout the city and get up in full regalia and arrive in full force at public events. Their horses are beautiful and they also have a race across Fairmount Park. At any rate, the Boundless project was in touch with the president of the organization last year and he invited us to go on a ride in Fairmount Park. Nobody took him up on it, but I will. I'll call him this week. Awesome!
Friday, July 6, 2007
Philly Cowboys...
There is a tradition in Philadelphia of urban black cowboys and I want to profile them for the Boundless Philadelphia project we do. Boundless promotes Philly's outdoor spaces and the group of black cowboys keep their horses in spots throughout the city and get up in full regalia and arrive in full force at public events. Their horses are beautiful and they also have a race across Fairmount Park. At any rate, the Boundless project was in touch with the president of the organization last year and he invited us to go on a ride in Fairmount Park. Nobody took him up on it, but I will. I'll call him this week. Awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG, on Friday, I was on my way to my apt and I saw 4 urban cowboys coming up spring garden! They weren't carriage horses either - they were stallions. And the guys on them were real cowboys with hats and boots and everything! Right their in NoLibs! It was crazy!
Hey there-
I am doing research on the Fletcher Street urban horsemen. Did you ever get in contact with them and go riding? I am trying to find contacts.
Thanks.
Post a Comment