Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Don't Let Him Do That...

PHOTO: GRACE, JOHN AND ME

I called John today, just to say hi. I called Connie on Sunday to do the same. You know how if you get someone's number and then if you don't call it gets weird if you DO call? I decided it'd be better if I did call, and if I did it now, it'd be easier to keep up being friends.

It was nice.

John didn't get the bottle of Crown I sent him in the mail, which at first I wondered if maybe was a lie. But he really didn't get it. Damn. Sending it and buying at and getting it sent off was no small feat- do I have to do it again? I really was fond of the sentiment. I think I might should.

John said that a dad rode Blue this past drive. This dad let Blue pick up some bad habits John isn't crazy about, mostly not making Blue go. Speaking of bad habits, Ila, the crazy I ride at Chamounix, has a way of throwing her head around while you're on the ground, where she comes at you and wants a rub or wants to be a brat or wants to walk off and nudges you away. I hate it. Yesterday I got so mad I socked her in the face. I think I said so on the blog already. I told John about letting her have it. He laughed. Said I had to. He's right. I did. Today she was a peach on the ground. Sweet as could be. She's just faking being so dumb.

I'm still invited to come to Montana.

No comments: