Wednesday, April 22, 2009

RIP Freddie Mercury

PHOTO: FREDDIE AND A GIRL WHO LOVED HIM, TOO

Freddie was a horse I rode sometimes and he was great. Last Friday he had a heart attack and died, right there in front of everyone. I wasn't there when it happened (I just heard today at my lesson), but I can only imagine how scary and hopeless it must have felt for everyone.

He was a good horse and over the past 6 months since I've started taking lessons again I've had to challenge my body in new ways. Not being fit enough after a 10-year lapse in any formal riding- longer if you go back to when I was riding very seriously- I fought the bad habits that wanted to develop as I compensated for my total lack of strength. Freddie was a regular for me: always fun, always willing and a great horse for me to start back up with again. Actually, he was my favorite.

No comments: